Assistant Coach, Santa Barbara City College, Santa Barbara, CA (August 2008- Present)
- Develop academic action plans for at risk student athletes and work with our head coach on the best plan to coordinate these action plans.
- Create practice plans, conduct clinics for our shooting guards and point guards, and to help my players in any way physically or mentally in order to move on to a 4 year university academically and athletically
- Utilization of HUDL (online software program) to create recruiting videos and create recruiting packages that are sent to 4- year universities.
- Analyze game film by utilizing HUDL to improve each players individual or team fundamentals
- Conduct “spinning sessions” three days per week for the Life Fitness Center students as well as conduct “Fast Fitness” sessions, which are 10-15 min work out sessions that can consist of abdominal workout, basic cardio work outs, stretch and relaxation workouts.
- Aid the instructors in any type of assistance by working the front desk, answering any health/exercise related questions from students.
- Give students advice about exercise techniques.
- Created a power point presentation titled “The Road to College Athletics.”
- Present to various high schools (Buena High School, Oak Park High School, and Foothill Technology High School) and talk to young women athletes (some males) about the road it takes of being a successful college student athlete.
- Provide resources and tools that will help make the transition from being a high school student-athlete to a college student-athlete and inform them on the expectations and demands of being a collegiate athlete and how these expectations are much different from the high school level.
- Organized a high school girls’ basketball camp for Oak Park high school.
- Developed drills and games that teach basic fundamentals of basketball and introduced new basketball skill's.
- M.T.X.E (which stands for Mental Toughness Xtra Effort) is my business to where I help young female athletes with their basic fundamentals in all the aspects of basketball such as defense, shooting, ball handling, passing, etc.
- The business is also to teach female athletes to be tough not just physically but mentally, by using visualization and goal-setting techniques.
- Organizing a full day of basketball drills for a local basketball clinic/league that consists of youth girls between the ages of 9-13.
- Teach and coach basic fundamentals of basketball and I talk to young female athletes on how to be a good team player.
- Lecture young female athletes on the importance of education, the importance of being physically active and how playing basketball or any other sport really teaches an individual to develop good character.
- Directed and supervised a 6th grade group of kids (consist of 20 kids).
- Created educational lesson plans that would incorporate summer themes, and arts/crafts that went along the season of summer.
- Planned lesson plans each day that consisted of physical activities for outdoor and indoor activities
- Basketball instructor and soccer instructor where I would introduce and taught the basic fundamentals to children of the two sports.
- Supervised the ages of 5-12 year old's and conducted practice plans for the children that consisted of drills and fun games, which led them to enjoy being physically active with playing sports.